Are you looking for the best kitchen backsplash ideas for 2021? Kitchen backsplash trends vary each year. But, this year, we see a lot of bolder trends emerge in Texas. From a classic white tile backsplash to an intricate mosaic, here are 2021 kitchen backsplash trends.
Keeping it Classic with Kitchen Tiles
No doubt, the tiles have become perhaps one of the more popular kitchen backsplash ideas of 2021. Kitchen tiles are an incredibly versatile material that comes come in all sorts of colors and textures.
Pros of tile backsplash
- It’s impervious to water! Which means it will last a long time.
- Kitchen tiles are incredibly easy to clean.
- Tiles are easy to install (they are either installed individually or as sheets).
- They come in a range of colors and textures.
- And, of course, they’re incredibly affordable.
Stone Backsplash for Kitchens
A stone backsplash can add charm and elegance to one’s home. Often stone backsplashes for kitchens come in a few different types of material, including quartz, marble, and granite. We love adding natural stone to a kitchen renovation project because it has a natural and timeless appeal that can genuinely take any kitchen to remodel to the next level.
So, what are some pros to a stone backsplash?
- Its timeless appeal and elegance make it a winner amongst most homeowners.
- A stone slab backsplash is unique! If you ever look closely at a slab of natural stone, you’ll see swirls and veins of beige and ivory. The intricacy and design created through these swirls give every slab its one-of-a-kind charm.
- Stone backsplashes aren’t as expensive as you might think! On average, homeowners can expect to pay anywhere from $5 to $10 per square foot.
A Spicy Modern Kitchen Backsplash
If you’re not a fan of the traditional white kitchen backsplash or the classic wood backsplash, then why not try something a little spicier! One of our favorite kitchen backsplash ideas for 2021 is glass-based mosaic tiles. Mosaic kitchen tiles come in all different shapes, colors, and patterns which means your choices for the best kitchen backsplash are near endless. Homeowners love adding mosaic tiles to a kitchen backsplash because they can choose from a variety of different colors and themes. For example, adding a turquoise-blue kitchen backsplash will give the kitchen area a more relaxing atmosphere. In contrast, a splash of green with intricate patterns can give your kitchen a bold look.
The Modern Kitchen: Alternative Backsplash Ideas
So, what are alternative backsplashes, and why are they trending in 2021?
Alternative kitchen backsplashes tend to incorporate the contemporary and abstract theme common to the 21st-century homeowner. This form of kitchen backsplash includes refurbished material that is otherwise not commonly used as a kitchen backsplash. Some alternative materials include full-height sheet glass, mixed stainless steel, and wood backsplashes.
Interested in keeping home renovations eco-friendly? Check out our eco-friendly home renovation tips and tricks!